Back to Category List
Driver CDL Class A (Full Time)
Location: Madison Heights, Roanoke, Charlottesville, Richmond
Summary Drives Class A Trucks to transport materials to and from specified destinations, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands and complies with CSE Inc. Safety Program, rules, regulations and updates.
- Understands OSHA and DOT standards relating to transportation and fleet safety; works within current regulations
- Becomes familiar with supervisory personnel, job activity to be performed, hazard communication program, safety rules and regulations, and emergency action procedures.
- Operates tractor, trailer, forklifts, and/or JLG-type man-lifts, and/or scissor-lifts and/or similar equipment.
- Setting up and breaking down cranes.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations
- Assembles, dissembles, and transports loads.
- Loads and unloads truck in a safe and controlled manner to ensure safety of personnel and property.
- Performs daily inspection on truck, equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water; completes defect reports for any deficiencies and returns form to dispatch office.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- Washes and fuels truck upon return to yard.
- This position is not limited to driving. You could be assigned other duties or task as needed within the company.
Requirements: Current Class A Commercial Driver's License. Must meet CSE, Inc., Motor Vehicle guidelines. Must be able to travel. YOU MUST HAVE A COPY OF YOUR CURRENT DRIVING RECORD TO BRING WITH YOU TO YOUR INTERVIEW. You can get that online at dmvnow.com.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.