Summit Financial Group, Inc. is a financial holding company headquartered in Moorefield, West Virginia. Summit provides community banking services primarily in the Eastern Panhandle and Southern regions of West Virginia and the Northern, Shenandoah Valley and Southwestern regions of Virginia, through its bank subsidiary, Summit Community Bank, Inc.
Back to Category List
Customer Service Representative, Hot Springs VA (Full Time)
Location: Hot Springs, VA
JOB TITLE: Customer Service Representative
Entity (SFG or SCB): SCB
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Reports to: Community Bank Manager
Education requirements: High School Diploma or GED
Experience or Skill requirements:
- Prior retail banking experience preferred.
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- The Employee must be comfortable and confident in a sales and service environment
- Highly goal oriented
- Must be able to be a part of a team and work closely with fellow Customer Service Representatives and Customer Service Tellers
- Must have and exhibit a professional manner and exhibit good interpersonal skills
- Position requires the employee to be cross-trained as a Customer Service Teller and be able to be cross-utilized based on the needs of the branch office
- Must have computer knowledge, good typing skills, math skills, and be a good listener and problem solver
- Other services as needed, such as Notary and NMLS registration
- Customer Service Representatives will perform a broad variety of account opening and customer services
- Opens a wide variety of Consumer and Business Bank Accounts including loans and deposits
- Identifying and completing referrals to other Lines of Business including but not limited to Mortgage, Investments, Cash Management, Commercial Loans and Insurance
- Ability to identify and cross-sell next Summit service or product
- Will need to be able to assist clients in many aspects of their accounts, including account reconciliations, account maintenance, online and mobile products and services, wire transfers, debit card, check orders, and overdraft assistance
- Must be able to assist and open CDARS accounts/transactions, IRA accounts/transactions and consumer loan products
- Will be asked to educate and profile clients using bank systems
- Will be asked to organize their work to include but not limited to complete sales tracking, plans, follow up client calls, client onboarding and client retention
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the company
- Follows operational procedures to include security
- Customer Service Representative will make our promise of “Service Beyond Expectations” Begins with Me real and believable by following our defined principles
- Other duties as assigned.
- Will work closely with and report to the Community Bank Manager
- Expected to work closely with branch staff, HQ employees and others at Summit
- Expected to work with all employees to maintain the safety and security of the branch
- A Customer Service Representative is an important part of our Summit team and will embrace each employee’s expertise and contributions. They will be expected to inspire collaboration among co-workers and clients, assist others and be aware of what needs to be done and take action to improve the quality of service to our clients.
Summit Financial Group and the Subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.