Summit Financial Group, Inc. is a financial holding company headquartered in Moorefield, West Virginia. Summit provides community banking services primarily in the Eastern Panhandle and Southern regions of West Virginia and the Northern, Shenandoah Valley and Southwestern regions of Virginia, through its bank subsidiary, Summit Community Bank, Inc.
Back to Category List
Available Positions > Job Description
Senior Credit Analyst (Multiple Locations) (Full Time)
Location: Beckley, WV, Charleston, WV, Moorefield, WV, Winchester, VA, Huntington WV
This position could work out of Charleston, Moorefield, Huntington, or Beckley WV; or Winchester VA.
JOB TITLE: Senior Credit Analyst
Entity (SFG, SCB): SCB-8110
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Department: Credit Analysis
Reports to: SVP, Director of Credit Administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance. Preferred experience in lending, financial statement auditing, or tax preparation.
Experience or Skill requirements:
- Microsoft Excel experience required.
- Microsoft Word and Outlook experience preferred.
- Proficient with technology and ability to learn new applications.
- Advanced analytical skills, critical thinking and verbal and written communication skills.
- Complete credit analysis for all business loan requests as required by SFG Loan Policy.
- Complete annual credit analysis for borrowers with an aggregate exposure meeting the scope of annual loan review by set deadlines and guidelines.
- Review loan structure and recommend certain modifications and/or covenants as deemed necessary.
- Assist in providing business partners credit lending policy interpretation.
- Lead credit risk management activities through performing stress tests and annual financial reviews and risk rating analysis.
- Assist Director of Credit Administration, as needed, with preparing, reviewing, and analyzing loans that are presented at the Holding Company Loan Committee.
- Assist, as needed, in supporting the lending staff on preparing presentations within the Loan Vantage system.
- Assist in performing quarterly stress test reports on concentrations within the loan portfolio.
- Assist in preparing quarterly reports, as needed, for financial reporting purposes.
- Stays abreast of current developments in loan policy and procedures through reading, research and formal education.
- A focus on continuous learning to keep up with ever-changing market dynamics.
- Mentor Junior Credit Analysts.
- This candidate must be comfortable handling a large number of deals daily, and thrive in a high pressure, results driven environment. He/she must be able to adapt quickly and efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Credit Analyst works closely with Commercial Lenders, loan assistants and members of Holding Company Loan Committee.
Summit Financial Group and the Subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Salary: Hourly rate varies, depending on experience.