Available Positions > Job Description
Hospice Social Worker (PRN (As Needed))
In coordination with other members of the health care team, the Hospice Social Worker will provide social work services, under the supervision of an MSW to patients, their families and employees of Hand in Hand Hospice (AKA) Newman Regional Health and in addition will assume administrative responsibilities upon request of the director.
· Masters degree in Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work preferred or has Bachelor’s degree in Social Work would be acceptable with supervision provided by LMSW or a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, or other field related to social work and at least one year of social work experience in a health care setting and be supervised by an MSW.
· Valid Kansas social work license (LBSW, LMSW, LSCSW)
· Prior experience in social work in a medical setting preferred.
· Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing, with all levels of personnel, medical staff, patients and visitors.
· Ability to speak to groups and provide leadership for support groups and rehabilitation programs.
· Must have good administrative skills and working knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations and procedures.