Firefighter - Port Arthur Area (Full Time)
Location: Port Arthur, TX
Beginning Base Pay: $52,715.89
Under direct and general supervision, performs duties and related responsibilities of an emergency and/or hazardous nature in fire suppression and emergency operations. Operates within the parameters of RTFC policies, procedures, and practices, with special emphasis on the RTFC Occupational Safety and Health Program, to functionally participate in all emergency response and training services in order to achieve the mission of Refinery Terminal Fire Company (RTFC). Provides routine and emergency medical care, extrication, and transportation of ill and injured persons; Assesses patient and determines nature and acuity of illness/injury and administers appropriate medical treatment utilizing independent judgment and protocols or standing orders; Provides exceptional pre-hospital clinical medicine based on the EMS Department's Scope of Care; Maintains and troubleshoots medical equipment; Maintains equipment and vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – This position encompasses a variety of duties and responsibilities in performing a diversity of hazardous tasks when engaged in combating, extinguishing and preventing fires; in answering emergency calls, extricating and rescuing individuals from entrapment, treating the injured, and in operation and maintenance of RTFC equipment, apparatus, and quarters.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS -
1. Must pass agility test, all medical requirements, and background investigation
2. Live or relocate to within a Sixty (60) minute driving time of the Port Arthur Facility
3. Respond anytime, as required, to support Emergency Operations
4. Successfully complete Recruit School Training (This applies to all New Hires, regardless of past or current certifications)
5. Must be willing and able to work rotation shifts (24 hours on / 48 hours off)
6. Must participate in & complete on-going training courses as required or requested
7. Must pass all medical, agility, physical and/or practical training requirements on an annual or more frequent basis
8. Maintenance of good attendance is a condition of employment
9. Adhere to Grooming standards, clean shaven, no visible tattoos, piercings or gauges, no faddish hair styles or colors
10. Be able to work in a Paramilitary Structure. Paramilitary is a semi-militarized force whose organizational structure, tactics, training, subculture, and (often) function are similar to those of a professional military, but which is not included as part of a state's formal armed forces