Back to Category List
Paramedic (Full Time)
Location: Beaumont, TX
Beginning Base Pay: $65,880.94
Work Schedule: 24 hours on/ 48 hours off
Job location will be at our client facility in Sabine Pass, LA, 14.2 miles from Port Arthur, TX.
I. Position Objective: Under direct and general supervision, performs duties and related responsibilities of a Paramedic. Operates within the parameters of RTFC policies, procedures, and practices, with special emphasis on the RTFC Occupational Safety and Health Program, to functionally participate in all emergency response and training services in order to achieve the mission of Refinery Terminal Fire RTFC. Under supervision of Captain provides initial medical assessment and treatment; provides routine and emergency medical care and transportation of ill and injured persons; assesses patient and determines nature and acuity of illness/injury and administers appropriate medical treatment utilizing independent judgment and protocols or standing orders; provides exceptional pre-hospital clinical medicine based on the EMS Department's Scope of Care; maintains and troubleshoots medical equipment; maintains equipment and vehicles. Complete monthly inspection, testing and maintenance of facility fire suppression and safety related equipment.
II.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- This position encompasses a variety of duties and responsibilities in performing a diversity of hazardous tasks when engaged in answering non- emergency and emergency calls, treating the injured, and in operation and maintenance of RTFC equipment, apparatus, and quarters.
- Maintains credentialing required by Medical Director
- Functions independently, once credentialed by the Medical Director
- Capability to assess emergency scenes
- Manage medical and trauma patients, direct co-workers, first responders and bystanders in a positive manner
- Utilizes electronic communication including portable and mobile radios and electronic patient care records
- Operates EMS vehicles under normal and emergency situations
- Operates standard equipment; such as stretchers, cots, patient care monitors, and standard diagnostic equipment
- Extricates persons from vehicles, bend and lift, and perform CPR for extended periods of time
- Reports for duty on time and when assigned
- Works with and under the direction of other agencies during regional emergency response incidents
- Records necessary and appropriate medical information related to any treatment or response
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Readily complies with RTFC policies and procedures
- Performs related special projects as assigned
- Ability to perform physically demanding activities
- Maintains the condition of the fire station, vehicles and equipment
- Supports emergency medical care and other programs by working with local agencies to include attending meetings, conference workshops, training sessions and performing a variety of public relations duties
- Stocks and maintains unit inventory after every call
- Participate in shift training and drills
III.MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age; possess a High School Diploma or Graduation Equivalency Diploma (GED) acceptable to the specific RTFC location of assignment.
- Possession of a valid Texas Class C Driver's License (or State equivalent) at the time of employment
- Must be certified or licensed by National Registry OR Texas Department of State Health Services as a Paramedic (must not have state sanctions or disciplinary restrictions)
- Possess and keep current certification as an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMT-P)
- Must be able to obtain or have current CPR certification
- Must be able to provide emergency care at the Paramedic level under adverse conditions
- Must obtain system credentialing as required by the Medical Director
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be proficient with computer key board, use of word processing
- Must maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record
- Non-disqualifying criminal history and background check.