Back to Category List
Substance Use Disorder Counselor (Full Time)
Location: La Mesa, CA
Program: Parent Care
ParentCare Family Recovery Services are designed to support chemically dependent women and their families who are at high risk for child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness. The majority of women in treatment also have a dual psychiatric diagnosis and a host of physical health related issues.
As a local leader in the development of family-centered recovery services, ParentCare makes a significant difference in preventing child abuse and reducing perinatal drug and alcohol exposure. It also plays a critical partnership role with County Child Welfare Services, drug and family courts, local hospitals and community collaboratives in order to ensure the utmost level of comprehensive care for these women and their families.
Under general supervision, SUD Counselor provides high quality alcohol and drug intakes, case management, counseling and outreach to individuals, groups and families. Assists clients in developing sober socialization activities. Responsible for following and tracking drug testing, meeting participation, etc. Provides direct counseling, educational services to clients with chemical dependency and dual diagnosis problems based upon individual client needs and program design. Provides case management services for all assigned clients. Performs administrative tasks. Participates in the programs Quality Assurance Review. Must be available to work schedules that may include day, evening and weekends to best meet the needs of the population served. Additional tasks to include:
- Create and maintain all client documentation within required timelines. This includes intakes, assessments, all related forms and statistics, treatment plans, all counseling and case management services up to and including program discharge.
- Develop Individual treatment plans and monitor program progress and compliance.
- Meets with all clients on a bi-weekly basis or more frequently if needed.
- Provides direct alcohol and drug counseling, education services to clients with substance use disorders and dual diagnosis problems based upon clinical client needs and program design.
- Facilitates alcohol and drug groups as assigned by supervisor, including development of curricula psycho-educational and process oriented approaches.
- Provides individual, couple, and/or family counseling to assigned clients as needed on treatment plan.
- Administer urinalysis testing on all clients.
- Maintain accurate records in compliance with Title 22 and drug medical.
- Complete and submit all county and program required reports in timely manner.
- Provides ongoing client meetings and follow-up through to program completion, including one on one meetings, phone calls and home visits (when deemed necessary by Program Manager).
- Attend QAR and participate in case file reviews. Establishes weekly case presentations for review at staff meetings. This process includes all new admissions, discharge, and referrals within the past week. Prepares client charts for QAR, utilization review and Clinical meetings in an accurate and timely manner.
- Works to ensure the client has seamless and smooth transition through the treatment modalities.
- Registered chemical dependency counselor in the state of California and one year of experience working with SUD clients
- Must offer certain linguistic, gender, cultural and ethnic specific skills: must be able to work with culturally diverse population.
- Must be free of parole and probation for a period specified by program contract.
- Must have a valid California driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screening.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
40 hours per week, Monday - Friday day shift.
Registered $18 per hour
Certified $20 per hour
These are starting rates and may be adjusted upwards based on education & experience.
This position receives employer-paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off (vacation and sick leave), paid holidays, and employer-paid pension.