Back to Category List
> Available Positions
Lead Clinician, Bilingual (4094) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Maria Sardinas (San Ysidro)
Lead Clinician (Bilingual Spanish) – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
CRF: Why It’s A Great Place To Work!
Community Research Foundation inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours! Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
CRF takes your dedication seriously, and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. Our full-time (30 hours or more) staff may earn up to 24 days of PTO per year plus generous holiday schedules; we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plans…and really generous retirement benefits. We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Come join us!
Located in south San Diego, CA, the Maria Sardinas Wellness Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Lead Clinician
- Assists Program Director and Assistant Program Director in consultation as needed
- Monitors caseload numbers for Core Team clinicians
- Conducts initial psychological assessments for clients, utilizing a psychosocial rehabilitation focus and dynamic team-based approach
- Conducts individual and group counseling/psychotherapy sessions and crisis intervention to ensure client safety
- Develops and updates individual treatment service plans for clients and provides care coordination for clients
- Creates discharge plans and provides linkage to other support services within the community
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling
- Licensed or registered with the BBS in CA as an LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, AMFT, ASW, or APCC is required and must be kept current throughout employment
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish (read, speak, write fluently) is required for this position
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance and credentialing review
If you are applying to this position as a Licensed, Registered, Waivered, or Certified professional
and are offered the position, you will be required to pass a credentialing review.
Additional information will be provided at the post-offer stage.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference
in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer