Back to Category List
> Available Positions
Therapist / Case Manager (4069) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Jane Westin (Downtown SD)
Case Manager (License or Licensed-Eligible) – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 4:00 pm to Midnight
CRF: Why It’s A Great Place To Work!
Community Research Foundation inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours! Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
CRF takes your dedication seriously, and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. Our full-time (30 hours or more) staff may earn up to 24 days of PTO per year plus generous holiday schedules; we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plans…and really generous retirement benefits. We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
The Jane Westin Center is open 8:00 am – 12:00 am, 365 days/year
Located in downtown San Diego, CA, the Jane Westin Center is an adult outpatient walk-in clinic which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, crisis intervention and linking clients with ongoing community-based services.
Typical Duties of the Case Manager
This position will be providing clinical services at two homeless shelters in downtown San Diego from 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm and returning to the Jane Westin Center from 10:00 pm to 12:00 am.
- Performs outreach and engagement to homeless individuals at two homeless shelters in downtown San Diego.
- Conducts initial screenings to determine service eligibility and client needs.
- May conduct behavioral health assessments and collateral interviews as indicated.
- Promotes healthy development and positive outcomes for homeless individuals through utilizing case management and rehabilitative strategies.
- Assists clients in accessing on-going psychiatric care, medical care, community based resources and other support services.
- Liaison with other programs and agencies to maintain current and extensive resources for on-going care and supports for clients.
- Consults and coordinates services with other care coordinators, community, social, health and welfare agencies.
- Provides crisis intervention as appropriate.
- Serves as an advocate for the client.
- Bills and documents all services provided and maintains documentation in accordance with established policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Productivity standard is 60% of total daily time.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a mental health-related field such as Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling
- Licensed or license-eligible
- Experience working with the severely mentally ill population required
- Knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance and credentialing review
If you are applying to this position as a Licensed, Registered, Waivered, or Certified professional
and are offered the position, you will be required to pass a credentialing review.
Additional information will be provided at the post-offer stage.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference
in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer