Back to Category List
> Available Positions
Activities Specialist (4059) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: East Corner Clubhouse (El Cajon)
Activities Specialist – Clubhouse and Self-Help Services
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday. The pay rate for this position is $15.00 per hour.
CRF: Why It’s A Great Place To Work!
Community Research Foundation inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
CRF takes your dedication seriously, and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. Our full-time (30 hours or more) staff may earn up to 24 days of PTO per year plus generous holiday schedules; we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plans…and really generous retirement benefits. We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Come join us!
Located in El Cajon, CA, East Corner Clubhouse is a self-help rehabilitation services program located in the East region of San Diego County which provides a variety daily living activities and opportunities for vocational training and development.
Our members receive support and guidance to allow them to integrate into the community and promote independence.
Typical Duties of the Activities Specialist
- Coordinates, oversees, and transports clubhouse members to East Corner Clubhouse's Volunteer Programs, East County Animal Rescue and Feeding San Diego.
- Partners and works side-by-side with members in All outside volunteer activities.
- Works in tandem with members with community food banks to prepare food parcels for San Diego residents at risk of hunger.
- Assists staff in the functioning and operation of the clubhouse when on site.
- Encourages and empowers members to participate in clubhouse programming.
- Performs all requested and assigned general clerical tasks, including some computer usage and filing.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment
- Peer Employment Training certification preferred; required after hire
- Experience as a person who has received mental health services or has a close family member that has received mental health services is required.
- Intermediate level computer skills as well as internet research skills
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer