Back to Category List
> Available Positions
Peer Specialist, Bilingual (4055) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Maria Sardinas (San Ysidro)
Peer Specialist (Bilingual Spanish) – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 32 or 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
CRF: Why It’s A Great Place To Work!
Community Research Foundation inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
CRF takes your dedication seriously, and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. Our full-time (30 hours or more) staff may earn up to 24 days of PTO per year plus generous holiday schedules; we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plans…and really generous retirement benefits. We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Come join us!
Located in south San Diego, CA, Maria Sardinas Wellness & Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program that provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Peer Specialist
- Act as an ambassador to the program, providing welcoming, orientation, and engagement to prospective clients
- Participate in multidisciplinary treatment meetings by offering practical insight into recovery and illness management
- Help clients reach recovery-based goals and provides support and encouragement as a role model
- Promotes greater understanding of clients’ points of view and perspectives
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma/GED required
- Experience as a person who has received mental health services or has a close family member that has received mental health services is required
- Previous experience in a related field is preferred
- Peer Employment Training preferred; required after hire
- Bilingual Spanish is required
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization
and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer