Back to Category List
> Available Positions
Nurse - RN (4046) (Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Senior IMPACT (Downtown SD)
RN - Nurse (Temporary) – Mental Health Services for Assertive Community Treatment Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, during Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. The duration of this position is approximately five months with benefits.
CRF: Why It’s A Great Place To Work!
Community Research Foundation inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours! Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
CRF takes your dedication seriously, and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. Our full-time (30 hours or more) staff earn 24 days of PTO per year plus generous holiday schedules; we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plans…and really generous retirement benefits. We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Come join us!!
Located in downtown San Diego, the Senior Intensive Mobile Psychosocial Assertive Community Treatment (Senior IMPACT) program provides intensive, community-based case management services for homeless adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver fully-integrated services to clients diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as individuals with co-occurring, mental health, and substance disorders.
Our program utilizes the evidence-based practice of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) to support our clients in the higher level of community care and to assist them in reaching their goals and living a life that is not dominated by mental illness. Our team is a model of care, providing treatment, rehabilitation, and case management supports.
Typical Duties of the RN/Nurse
- Provide medication support services to our clients
- Assist multidisciplinary team with crisis intervention and psychiatric assessments
- Ensures that clients and family members are educated and informed about their medications and illness management
- Monitors health care needs of the clients and obtains assistance from other health care providers as necessary
- Ensures all medications are managed and stored appropriately as defined by local and state regulations
- Provides services in the community or client’s home, including administration of medication
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current California Registered Nurse license and CPR/First Aid certification required and must be maintained throughout employment
- Minimum of one year of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Ability to physically and mentally able to assist in emergency situations is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Experience with Cerner is a plus
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance and credentialing review
If you are applying to this position as a Licensed, Registered, Waivered, or Certified professional
and are offered the position, you will be required to pass a credentialing review.
Additional information will be provided at the post-offer stage.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization
and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer