Back to Category List
> Available Positions
Assessment and Discharge Specialist (4117) (Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Areta Crowell (Bankers Hill)
Assessment & Discharge Specialist (Temporary) - Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday. The duration of this temporary position is three months with benefits.
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
CRF FOLLOWS ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES AS OUTLINED
BY SAN DIEGO COUNTY, THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE CDC.
Located in San Diego, the Areta Crowell Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Assessment and Discharge Specialist
- Provides screening, clinical assessments, case management and outreach for outpatient program clients diagnosed with severe mental illness and may be dually diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder
- Conducts collateral interviews, develops individual service plans and participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Provides crisis intervention as appropriate
- Coordinates with the multidisciplinary team regarding discharge planning in progress
- Collaborates with nursing staff to arrange continuing care medication maintenance
- Assists clients with obtaining treatment benefits and other community-based supports to facilitate recovery and improvement
- Master's degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology or Counseling
- Licensed or registered in CA with the BBS
- At least 2 years of experience with working with individuals who have a severe and persistent mental illness, as well as co-occurring disorders required
- Those with experience in a walk-in outpatient-based mental health program encouraged to apply
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance and credentialing review
CRF takes your dedication seriously, and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. Our full-time (30 hours or more) staff may earn up to 24 days of PTO per year plus generous holiday schedules; we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plans…and really generous retirement benefits. We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
If you are applying to this position as a Licensed, Registered, Waivered, or Certified professional
and are offered the position, you will be required to pass a credentialing review.
Additional information will be provided at the post-offer stage.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and
make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer