Back to Category List
> Available Positions
Administrative Assistant (4113) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: StepForward North Coastal (Oceanside)
Administrative Assistant – Mental Health Services for Adults in the Welfare to Work Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
CRF FOLLOWS ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES AS OUTLINED
BY SAN DIEGO COUNTY, THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE CDC.
Located in Oceanside, CA, Step Forward North Coastal provides a full range of behavioral health services to assist individuals to overcome challenges and reduce barriers that may affect their ability to successfully move from welfare to work. Services are provided to adults and their families in a caring and respectful atmosphere, encouraging independence, initiative, and recovery.
Step Forward North Coastal also provides excellent training in the mental health field with strong emphasis in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Seeking Safety, Active Parenting, and Motivational Interviewing.
Typical Duties of the Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant supports the Program Director and other staff, to ensure the office operates efficiently and effectively. Performs a variety of clerical tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Full-service clerical and reception duties including greeting visitors, answering phones and screening calls, taking messages, typing, filing, scheduling meetings, opening and distributing mail and performing data entry
- Assists with front office management and operations as directed
- Prepares a variety of material such as inter-office communications, correspondence, inputs data and statistics for tracking and reporting, and reports of a routine or special nature.
- Develops spreadsheets and works with accounting programs, various computer programs and information systems.
- Prioritizes tasks by overall needs of facility and deadlines, as well as advises requesting staff member of approximate time of completion regarding task requested
- Acts as the central point of contact for calendaring, resource scheduling, as well as maintaining common area spaces such as, kitchen and conference space and ensures space is neat and tidy.
- Provides administrative support to all staff by creating documents, letters, spreadsheets, reports, etc, as requested. Facilitates in ordering office supplies. maintaining fax and copy machines, and voice mail system.
- Works collaboratively with all other members of the program team
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two or more years experience in customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent phone etiquette, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications, as well as internet research skills required
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program serving the CYF population is desirable
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
CRF takes your dedication seriously, and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. Our full-time (30 hours or more) staff may earn up to 24 days of PTO per year plus generous holiday schedules; we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plans…and really generous retirement benefits. We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer