Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor (6024b) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program: Casa Pacifica (Oceanside)
Mental Health Counselor (BA level) - Mental Health Services for Transitional Residential Program
Hours: 16 hours per week. Shifts needed for Friday and Saturday, Midnight to 8:00 am OR Sunday and Monday, Midnight to 8:00 am
Pay Rate: $26.44 per hour with $3.00 per hour for overnight shift differential
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in Oceanside, CA, Casa Pacifica is a transitional residential program that assists people with chronic mental illness and dual diagnosis to move towards recovery and independent living. It is a Full-Service Partnership and offers clients mental health services including psychiatric care, assistance with medication management, individual and group therapy, vocational assistance, case management, and peer support.
The residential component of the program is 6 to 9 months long and graduates can participate in an alumni program that will assist in their transition to a more independent lifestyle.
Typical Duties of the Mental Health Counselor
- Provide individual, group, and milieu therapy and medication support
- Conduct intakes, discharges, collateral contacts, treatment planning, crisis intervention, and facility monitoring
- Attend weekly URC and treatment meeting
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- CPR/First Aid certification is required and must be maintained during employment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
PSR Specialist I
If you would like to set profiles, manage, and track your submissions you can register here
...or if you already have an account you may login here