Back to Category List
Medical Health Professional - LVN (6049a) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program: START - Various Locations
COMMUNITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION (CRF)
Bring your nursing skills and dedication to helping others to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
LVN - Medical Health Professional
As a CRF nurse, you’ll be part of a team to provide assessments, help clients learn to manage their illness, provide encouragement and counseling as needed, and monitor any side effects of medications. You’ll be responsible for safely storing and handling medications and ensuring the proper documentation is completed.
Del Sur Crisis Center (South San Diego) and Jary Barreto Crisis Center (Downtown San Diego) OR
Vista Balboa Crisis Center (Downtown San Diego) and Halcyon Crisis Center (El Cajon)
Part-time Hours: Hiring up to 2 LVNs to cover 4-hour or 8-hour shifts per week at one to two different programs per week. May pick up additional shifts if interested.
Pay Rate: $36.06 per hour, plus $3.00 differential for overnight or weekend shifts
Typical Duties of the Medical Health Professional - LVN
- Conducting wellness assessments, assisting with diabetes management services, hypertension monitoring, as well as monitoring medications, side effects, and obtaining treatment for medical conditions
- Provide First Aid treatment as needed
- Review client medical records to identify client medical needs
- Coordinates medical treatments with psychiatric treatments with collaboration from the nursing staff, program psychiatrist, and primary care physicians
- Makes appropriate referrals to and appointments with other medical, health, and wellness service providers to optimize client outcomes
- Current California Registered Nurse (LVN) license required and must be kept current and in good standing during employment
- Minimum of one year of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- First Aid/CPR certification required and must be kept current during employment
- Strong nursing clinical skills with experience in behavioral health service settings preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
- Ability to physically and mentally assist in emergency situations is required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Our Crisis Centers provide intensive, community-based residential services for adults throughout San Diego County, 24 hours/7 days a week. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are experiencing a significant psychiatric crisis that is not manageable in an outpatient basis. We provide services in a home-like environment that specializes in the bio-psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you would like to set profiles, manage, and track your submissions you can register here
...or if you already have an account you may login here