Back to Category List
Nurse - LVN (6062a) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program: Vista Balboa (Balboa Park)
COMMUNITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION (CRF)
Bring your nursing skills and dedication to helping others to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Nurse – LVN/LPT
CRF Behavioral Health Nurses are client-centered, compassionate, dedicated team members who make a difference in the lives of the people they serve. They embrace the opportunity to work side-by-side with their clients, helping to make lasting changes that will improve quality of life, health, and wellness. Our START nurses are committed to providing excellence in psychiatric nursing care.
Program: Vista Balboa Crisis Center
Hours: 8 - 24 hours per week. Shifts may include days (8:00 am to 4:00 pm), evenings (4:00 pm to Midnight), and overnights (Midnight to 8:00 pm) - weekdays and/or weekends
Pay Rate: $36.05 per hour plus $3.00 per hour differential for weekend or overnight shifts
As a CRF START nurse, you will be part of a team that assesses client’s mental and physical health, and develops treatment plans.
- Consult with psychiatrist and other health professionals as well as manage medications.
- Coordinate care with outside providers to assist in a long-term plan for obtaining medications and maintain care in the community for both mental and physical health.
- Safely store and handle medications and ensure the proper documentation is completed.
- Provide medication support services, which ensure optimal outcomes for your clients.
- Current California LVN or LPT license required and must be kept current and in good standing during employment
- First Aid/CPR certification required and must be kept current during employment
- Previous experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
- Ability to physically and mentally assist in emergency situations is required
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Our Crisis Centers provide intensive, community-based residential services for adults throughout San Diego County, 24 hours/7 days a week. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are experiencing a significant psychiatric crisis that is not manageable in an outpatient basis. We provide services in a home-like environment that specializes in the bio-psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nurse - LVN
If you would like to set profiles, manage, and track your submissions you can register here
...or if you already have an account you may login here