Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor II (6091a) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program: New Vistas (Downtown SD)
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
Job Title: Mental Health Counselor (Master’s level)
Program/Location: New Vistas Crisis Center (Downtown San Diego)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Tuesday - Saturday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Tuesday - Saturday, 4:00 pm to Midnight
Sunday - Thursday, 4:00 pm to Midnight
Pay Rate: $31.25 per hour plus $3.00 per hour differential for weekend shifts
As a Mental Health Counselor, you will meet the bio-psychosocial needs of clients by providing indicated behavioral health services, case management services and/or crisis intervention, and documents services appropriately. This is an excellent opportunity to work with dually diagnosed adults.
- Acts as admission coordinator and/or team lead when designated.
- Conducts initial behavioral health assessments of new clients.
- Provides individual contacts, group, and milieu psychosocial behavior health services and activities for clients within scope of practice.
- Assists clients with discharge planning and conducts care coordination. Works closely with various providers in the region or system to facilitate access to services.
- Consults and coordinates with family and/or support system regarding client treatment and discharge planning.
- Conducts crisis intervention and risk assessment. First responder to intervene in crises when needed and indicated at the program in order to ensure the safety of clients and staff.
- Master’s degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling is required
- 2 years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment; can be obtained prior to starting work
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Bilingual Spanish or Arabic preferred, but not required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and highly organized
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
PSR Specialist II
If you would like to set profiles, manage, and track your submissions you can register here
...or if you already have an account you may login here