Back to Category List
Discharge Specialist / Mental Health Clinician (5956c) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program: Jane Westin (Downtown SD)
Discharge Specialist / Mental Health Clinician – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Pay Rate: $33.65 per hour
- Clinical supervision for licensure – collect hours quickly!
- Advanced clinical training at no cost
- Student loan repayment assistance - $100 monthly
- Opportunities for advancement and professional growth
- 19 days of PTO per year and 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage with several dental plan options and vision plan benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability with generous retirement plan contributions with Tax-Free Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
Hours: 40 hours per week; Variable Shifts
Program Overview: Located in downtown San Diego, CA, the Jane Westin Center is an adult outpatient walk-in clinic which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals accessing the mental health system. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, crisis intervention and linking clients with ongoing community-based services.
Typical Duties of Discharge Specialist
- Assists clients in discharge planning in order for clients to access on-going psychiatric care, medical care, community-based resources and other support services.
- Liaison with other programs and agencies to maintain current and extensive resources for on-going care and supports for clients.
- Provides crisis interventions as appropriate.
- Master’s degree in a mental health-related field (e.g., Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, etc.)
- Licensed or license-eligible with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences or Board of Psychology
- Experience with working with individuals who have a severe and persistent mental illness, as well as co-occurring disorders
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal job title: Discharge Specialist
If you would like to set profiles, manage, and track your submissions you can register here
...or if you already have an account you may login here