Back to Category List
Assessment Specialist, Bilingual (5986a) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: South Bay Guidance Ctr (Chula Vista)
Assessment Specialist - Walk-ins (Bilingual Spanish) – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Pay Rate: $34.00 to $36.00 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in Chula Vista, CA (just 15 minutes south of Balboa Park), South Bay Guidance Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Assessment Specialist (Walk-ins)
- Conducts phone screenings and pre-screens walk-in clients for appropriate services.
- May determine diagnosis and/or a change in diagnosis from current diagnosis from DSM.
- Conducts collateral interviews as indicated.
- Develops service plans and participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning.
- Provides crisis intervention as appropriate.
- Attends treatment team meetings to communicate discharge plans in progress.
- Collaborates with nursing staff to arrange continuing care provider medication maintenance appointments in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the completion of reports/documents needed for entitlement/benefit programs.
- Master’s degree (M.A. or M.S.) or doctoral degree in a mental health related field
- Licensed or registered with the California BBS
- Bilingual Spanish is required for this position
- High level of ability to accurately diagnose using the DSM criteria
- High level of ability to multi-task and stay calm under pressure
- Those with experience in a walk-in outpatient-based mental health program encouraged to apply
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
CRF Internal job title: Assessment Specialist