Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor (5981a) (Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Areta Crowell Center (Downtown San Diego)
Mental Health Counselor (Temporary) - Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday. The duration of this temporary position is between 3 to 6 months, depending on program needs. This is a benefitted position.
Pay Rate: $25.00 to $28.00 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in San Diego, CA (Bankers Hill), the Areta Crowell Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Mental Health Counselor
- Works closely with various providers in the region or system to facilitate access to program services for those identified as the target population to be served.
- Primarily provides services with clients with active co-occurring disorders.
- Conducts initial behavioral health assessment of new clients and/or returning clients; performs collateral interviews as indicated.
- Provides individual and group psychosocial behavioral health services and activities for clients, including COD clients.
- Assists the client in developing client service plan goals, prioritizing areas of need, and steps needed to reach goals established, as well as identified areas of strength. Continually monitors progress towards goals and supports client’s efforts toward self-sufficiency.
- Master’s degree (M.A. or M.S.) in a mental health related field
- At least two years of related experience and/or training
- Licensed or licensed-eligible in California; must be kept current throughout employment
- Training and experience with working with clients with co-occurring disorders; Motivational Interviewing training preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster shot before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist