Back to Category List
Discharge Specialist / Mental Health Clinician (5956a) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Jane Westin Center (Downtown San Diego)
Discharge Specialist / Mental Health Clinician – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Clinical supervision is offered with this position.
Pay Rate: $24.00 to $25.00 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in downtown San Diego, CA, the Jane Westin Center is an adult outpatient walk-in clinic which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, crisis intervention and linking clients with ongoing community-based services.
Typical Duties of Discharge Specialist
- Assists clients in discharge planning in order for clients to access on-going psychiatric care, medical care, community based resources and other support services.
- Liaison with other programs and agencies to maintain current and extensive resources for on-going care and supports for clients.
- Provides crisis interventions as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains professional working relationships with community health, welfare, and social agencies.
- Consults and coordinates services with other care coordinators, community, social, health and welfare agencies.
- May determine diagnosis and/or a change in diagnosis from current diagnosis utilizing the DSM-IV TR.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree in a mental health-related field - Psychology, Counseling or Social Work
- Registered with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences as an AMFT, APCC or ASW; registration must be kept current during employment
- Experience working with persistent and serious mental illness is preferred, but not required
- Understanding of psychosocial rehabilitation (PSR) and recovery principles, wrap-around models, and evidence-based practices
- Demonstration of ability to make assessments, design treatment plans, and document accordingly.
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor in crisis situations is essential
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: Discharge Specialist