Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor (5959a) (Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Douglas Young Clinic (North Central San Diego)
Mental Health Counselor (Temporary) - Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week. Clinic hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Thursday 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm. The duration of this temporary position is 6 months, depending on program needs. This is a benefitted position.
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in San Diego, CA, the Douglas Young Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders. This program is located in the Mira Mesa area of San Diego County.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Mental Health Counselor
- Conduct initial behavioral health assessments for clients, utilizing a psychosocial rehabilitation focus and dynamic team-based approach
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions
- Develop and update individual treatment service plans for clients
- Create discharge plans and provide linkage to other support services within the community
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling
- Licensed or registered in California with the BBS
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist