Back to Category List
Clinician / Medicare Therapist (5920) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Downtown IMPACT (Downtown San Diego), Heartland (El Cajon), IMPACT (Central San Diego), Senior IMPACT (Downtown San Diego)
Clinician / Medicare Therapist - Mental Health Services for Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Programs and Adult Outpatient Programs
Hours: 32 hours per week; 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday. This position will be providing services to three ACT programs: Downtown IMPACT, IMPACT, Senior IMPACT and one outpatient clinic, Heartland Wellness Recovery Center. This position has a combination of office and field-based work.
Licensure requirements: Licensed Clinical Social Worker or PsyD/PhD (see details under Qualifications)
Pay Rate: $40.39 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Our ACT programs provide intensive, community-based case management services and housing for homeless adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver fully-integrated services to clients who are homeless, diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as to individuals with co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders.
Our adult outpatient programs provide a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders. Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of Licensed Medicare Provider for ACT & Outpatient Programs
- Conducts individual therapy to clients at each program who have Medicare insurance and are seeking psychotherapy services within the program
- Conducts follow up biopsychosocial assessments to their assigned clients every 3 years or more if clinically indicated
- Assists clients in developing culturally appropriate, client directed service and crisis plan
- Participate in treatment team meetings
- Provides crisis intervention to clients/families as needed
- Co-signs diagnosis, progress notes, service plans, or other documents as required
- Current and valid CA license as a Clinical Social Worker or PsyD/PhD license and meets all CA requirements to bill for Medicare services; license must be kept current throughout employment
- Experience and knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements, including documentation
- Current First Aid and CPR certification preferred
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance and credentialing review
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: Clinician II / Medicare Therapist