Back to Category List
Employment Specialist (5910) (Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: South Bay Guidance Ctr (Chula Vista)
Employment Specialist (Temporary) – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week. Clinic hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Thursday 11:00 am - 7:00 pm. The duration of this temporary position is 6 months.
Pay Rate: $23.00 to $25.00 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in Chula Vista, CA (just 15 minutes south of Balboa Park), South Bay Guidance Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Employment Specialist
The Employment Specialist works with a highly dynamic interdisciplinary team on a shared caseload, with the objective to assist clients to reintegrate back into school, the workforce, or volunteer positions. Duties include:
- Conduct initial behavioral, functional, and vocational assessments for clients
- Help clients develop vocational/educational goals and plans to facilitate reintegration into the workforce using a supported employment based model
- Assist clients in developing resumes and linking them with other employment resources
- Develop networks to increase job development and placement within the community
- Works with companies and with clients to facilitate and maintain job placements
- Provide intensive case management supports for the assigned clients
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, or Vocational Rehabilitation; Master's degree in psychiatric rehabilitation preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Experience providing employment services
- Previous vocational rehabilitation experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer