Back to Category List
PERT Clinician - LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, RN or Psychologist (5861) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Licensed Clinician / Clinician PERT – Psychiatric Emergency Response Team (PERT)
Hours: 40 hours per week; (4) ten-hour shifts
Pay Rate: $46.63 per hour
CRF & PERT: Why It’s A Great Place To Work!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals. At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
The Psychiatric Emergency Response Team (PERT) is a division of Community Research Foundation (CRF) and is in partnership with San Diego County Health and Human Services, San Diego County Law Enforcement, and the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI San Diego). PERT contributes to the well-being of individuals with mental illness by actively and compassionately assisting individuals in crisis who come to the attention of law enforcement to access appropriate services and to optimize outcomes through on-scene assessments and referrals.
PERT is based throughout San Diego County, and is housed in various locations. PERT teams are comprised of specially-trained law enforcement officers and deputies who are paired with PERT mental health clinicians. These special teams respond to mental health crises in the community and perform on-site assessments and evaluations to ensure the person in crisis receives the most appropriate form of care.
Typical Duties of a PERT Clinician
- Conducts mental health assessments, including 5150 and Tarasoff assessments
- Formulates appropriate disposition supporting client’s needs and safety requirements
- Completes all electronic chart documentation
- Consults with PERT Team Lead for any unusual or emergent situations
- Represents PERT during interactions with other agencies, professionals, community presentations, and the general public
- Must be a licensed RN, LMFT, LCSW, LPCC or Psychologist and must be kept current during employment
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in crisis management or response, psychiatry, clinical psychology, or counseling in emergency situations
- Must have CPR/First Aid certification and must be kept current during employment
- Must be able to pass Police/Sheriff Background check
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: Clinician - PERT