Back to Category List
Licensed Triage Coordinator / Medicare Assessment Specialist (5837) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Douglas Young Clinic (North Central San Diego)
Triage Coordinator / Medicare Assessment Specialist - Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; clinic hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Thursday 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
Pay Rate: $39.00 - $43.26 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development.
You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in San Diego, CA, the Douglas Young Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders. This program is located in the Mira Mesa area of San Diego County.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Triage Coordinator / Medicare Assessment Specialist
- Oversees the urgent walk-in services at the program to ensure timely and accurate admission of new referrals to the program.
- Directs, monitors, and conducts screening, triage, and initial assessments for all new and urgent clients.
- Determines service eligibility according to HHSA BHD and Title 9 requirements.
- Screens and triages clients for risk and safety concerns and provides crisis intervention to ensure client and program safety.
- Assists clients with discharge planning and/or care coordination as needed in order to access on-going medical care, community based resources, and other support services.
- Helps to maintain internal tracking systems for walk-ins and referrals from other programs.
- Provides individual therapy for Medicare Insured clients. The activities and interventions use psychosocial rehabilitation (PSR) principles and best practices and focus on goals specified in the client plan.
- Assists the client in developing client service plan goals and in prioritizing areas of need and steps needed to reach goals established. Continually monitors progress towards goals and supports client’s efforts toward self-sufficiency.
- Master’s degree (M.A. or M.S.) or doctoral degree in a mental health related field
- Current and valid California license as a LCSW or Clinical Psychologist in good standing
- Demonstrates knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery-oriented evidence-based and best practices
- High level of ability to screen, triage and assess for risk and safety factors
- High level of ability to accurately diagnose using the DSM criteria
- High level of ability to multi-task and stay calm under pressure
- Those with experience in a walk-in outpatient-based mental health program encouraged to apply
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal job title: Triage Coordinator