Back to Category List
Mental Health Specialist (5811) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Advance North - Vista
Mental Health Specialist - Developmental Services Program
Hours: 40 hours per week with occasional evenings, weekends and after-hours crisis rotation coverage required.
Pay Rate: $25.00 to $27.00 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
The Advance North program is an innovative crisis response team that support adults with I/DD and behavioral health challenges. These individuals reside in their own place of residence, ILF, board and care, community-based supervised group homes operated by other agencies or may be homeless needing assistance with finding housing. The CRF crisis response team provides mobile services to help the individuals succeed in their homes and in the community.
Typical Duties of the Mental Health Specialist
- Complete mental health assessments; assess/monitor clients strengths and skills
- Implement treatment plan to increase clients functional community and living skills
- Provide coordination of care between client providers and support systems
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions
- Provide crisis counseling and stabilization
- Create discharge plans and provide linkage to other support services within the community
- Work within an interdisciplinary team
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Excellent opportunity to work with dually-diagnosed adults
- Occasionally accompany clients to various appointments (doctors, housing)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling
- License-eligible or registered in CA as an AMFT, ASW, or APCC - preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Experience working with clients that have a development disability/intellectual disability
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Code: PSR Specialist