Back to Category List
Billing/Eligibility Specialist (5783) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Maria Sardinas (South San Diego)
Billing/Eligibility Specialist – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week. Clinic hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Wednesday, 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Pay Rate: $21.63 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in south San Diego, the Maria Sardinas Wellness & Recovery Center provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders. This program is located near San Ysidro, CA.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Billing/Eligibility Specialist
- Performs data entry reporting and tracking, including Medicare and LIHP billing
- Checks monthly reports in Cerner for Service Entries and reconciles/contacts/faxes updated information to the County billing unit
- Assists clients to provide the documentation needed for health insurance/coverage
- Completes necessary client discharge documentation
- Works with the Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) County eligibility worker to establish or renew health insurance/coverage for clients
- Verifies MediCal and Medicare eligibility
- Maintains various spreadsheets for MediCal, Medicare, and LIHP enrollment
- Develops and maintains professional working relationships with community, health, welfare and social agencies
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience with medical billing and eligibility criteria: MediCal, Medicare, LIHP and other insurance sources.
- Experience using Electronic Health Record systems
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program is desirable
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
CRF Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist