Back to Category List
Clinician - Child, Youth, and Family (5730) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Crossroads (El Cajon)
Clinician - CYF – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family Program
Hours: 40 hours per week. Clinic hours are Monday, Thursday, Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Tuesday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm; and Wednesday, 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in El Cajon, CA, Crossroads Family Center is a children/youth outpatient program which provides services to the East Region of San Diego County. We provide a range of services including crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy, medication support, rehabilitation, case management and drug and alcohol services while incorporating the family systems and wrap-around approach. We provide mental health services to children and youth with Medi-Cal and Healthy Families Funding as well as those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Typical Duties for a Clinician - Child, Youth and Family
- Provides therapeutic interventions to clients and/or members of clients’ families in a collaborative and professional manner in individual, group and family modalities
- Conducts collateral interviews as indicated with all identified partners, i.e., school, social services, probation and other treatment providers to support service plan objectives
- Provides crisis intervention for clients and their families, and maintains all required documentation
- Provides community-based services as needed by the families (schools, homes, community centers, churches, or where the family/clients feel most comfortable)
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning and develops and updates client service plans
- Master’s degree in a mental health related field required
- Registered or licensed with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) required
- Experience working with children and adolescents with severe emotional disturbance in a public mental setting
- Understanding of psychosocial rehabilitation (PSR) and recovery principles, wrap-around models, and evidence-based practices
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with the County Electronic Health Record (EHR) system writing assessments preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing, proof of insurance, and personal vehicle are required to fulfill the essential functions of this position.
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer