Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor, Bilingual (5699) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: StepForward South (Chula Vista)
Mental Health Counselor (Bilingual Spanish) – Mental Health Services for CalWORKs Program
Hours: 32 or 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Pay Rate: $26.00 to $28.00 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in Chula Vista, CA, Step Forward South provides a full range of behavioral health services for CalWORKs/Welfare-to-Work participants and their families. We work on reducing barriers toward employment, and we help parents and guardians to become self-sufficient and thrive. Services are provided for adults and their families in a caring and respectful atmosphere, encouraging independence, initiative, and recovery.
Step Forward provides excellent training in the Mental Health field with strong emphasis in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Seeking Safety, and Motivational Interviewing.
Typical Duties of the Mental Health Counselor
- Conduct initial intake assessments for clients entering the Step Forward/CalWORKs treatment program and provide diagnosis, care coordination, and case management services
- In a welcoming atmosphere, conduct therapeutic interventions with clients and members of their family, through individual, group, and family modalities
- Re-evaluate and update client's diagnosis and treatment plan as needed
- Coordinate services with other support systems such as schools, social service programs, Welfare-to-Work, and treatment providers
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Conduct effective screenings and timely crisis intervention services with clients and their families on-site, or off-site.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Psychology
- Registration with the California BBS required
- Previous experience conducting Behavioral Health Screenings/Psychosocial Assessments for adults experiencing mild-moderate mental health symptoms, including substance use disorders is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish is required
- Knowledge and experience in County Health and Human Services documentation requirements and EHR systems strongly preferred
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist