Back to Category List
Activities Specialist (5698) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: East Corner Clubhouse (El Cajon)
Activities Specialist – Clubhouse and Self-Help Services
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Pay Rate: $16.00 per hour.
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in El Cajon, CA, East Corner Clubhouse is a self-help rehabilitation services program located in the East region of San Diego County which provides a variety daily living activities and opportunities for vocational training and development.
Our members receive support and guidance to allow them to integrate into the community and promote independence.
Typical Duties of the Activities Specialist
- Facilitates recovery oriented groups daily.
- Coordinates, oversees, and transports clubhouse members to East Corner Clubhouse's Volunteer Programs, East County Animal Rescue and Feeding San Diego.
- Partners and works side-by-side with members in All outside volunteer activities.
- Works in tandem with members with community food banks to prepare food parcels for San Diego residents at risk of hunger.
- Assists staff in the functioning and operation of the clubhouse when on site.
- Encourages and empowers members to participate in clubhouse programming.
- Performs all requested and assigned general clerical tasks, including some computer usage and filing.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment
- Peer Employment Training certification preferred; required after hire
- Experience as a person who has received mental health services or has a close family member that has received mental health services is required.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer