Back to Category List
Outreach Clinician (5585) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Douglas Young Clinic (Mira Mesa)
Outreach Clinician - Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week. Clinic hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Thursday 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
Pay Rate: $28.13 to $31.25 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in San Diego, CA (Mira Mesa area) Douglas Young Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals experiencing serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Our programs are diverse and inclusive, and provide tremendous growth opportunities. We provide free clinical supervision/hours and access to loan forgiveness/repayment opportunities for qualified candidates!
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Outreach Clinician
- Conducts outreach at inpatient or START facilities to provide a “warm handoff” from inpatient to outpatient or appropriate level of services.
- Develops and maintains a notification system with identified hospitals and START programs in order to provide efficient and effective outreach.
- Conducts initial screenings and/or behavioral health assessments of new and/or returning clients; may be conducted via telehealth services or face-to-face.
- Conducts risk assessments and provides crisis intervention as needed to ensure client safety.
- Refers outreach clients to the appropriate level of service, including intensive case management provided at the program.
- Performs outreach and follow-up with disengaged, high risk, or unconnected clients. Some work may be done via telehealth.
- Works with clients to develop strengths-based service plan goals and objectives.
- Services will be provided via clinic, telehealth, and mobile outreach.
- Master’s degree (M.A. or M.S.) in a mental health related field and two years of work experience with adults with serious mental illness.
- Licensed or license-eligible in California; must be kept current throughout employment
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer