Back to Category List
Parent Partner, Bilingual - Child, Youth, Family (5568) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Mobile Adolescent Team (Linda Vista
Parent Partner (Bilingual Spanish) – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday; some evenings required.
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in San Diego, CA, the Mobile Adolescent Services Team (MAST) is a mobile, school-based program that services children and families in their school, home, and community. MAST services the Juvenile Court and Community Schools, including children who have been expelled or who are on probation, as well as the Monarch School for homeless youth. MAST also serves five San Diego Unified schools, including high schools and elementary schools.
We provide a range of services including crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy, medication support, rehabilitation, case management and drug and alcohol services while incorporating the family systems and wrap-around approach. We provide mental health services to children and youth with Medi-Cal and Healthy Families Funding as well as those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Services are provided in English and several threshold languages, using medical care, education, and family resources as appropriate.
Typical Duties of the Parent Partner
- Provides individual, parent/caregiver and family services in the community setting, including schools, homes, community centers, faith-based programs, or where the family/caregiver feels most comfortable
- Works to destigmatize mental illness and serious emotional disturbance in children and youth
- Provides education to caregivers about the effectiveness of treatment when caregivers are involved in family therapy
- Works with caregivers to be change agents in communicating and increasing involvement between family members
- Provides additional support to families and ensures that the treatment planning contains measurable objectives for each child/youth receiving services
- Assists the multi-disciplinary team to better accommodate the family needs in order to foster consistent and meaningful family participation
- Provides outreach to the community in the form of education on program services
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Direct experience as a caregiver of a child/youth or family member that is currently or has received services from a public mental health setting
- Is able to demonstrate education and/or life experience commensurate with the job duties
- Previous supervised working experience with children, youth, or family behavioral health services
- Proficient computer skills, including Word and Excel software. Experience with Cerner is a plus
- Previous experience with County Health and Human Service requirements and documentation is helpful
- Bilingual Spanish - Fluency in Spanish (reading, speaking, writing) is required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing, proof of insurance, and personal vehicle are required to fulfill the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer