Back to Category List
Café Manager / Peer Specialist (5534) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: East Corner Clubhouse (El Cajon)
Cafe Manager / Peer Specialist – Clubhouse and Self-Help Services
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in El Cajon, CA, East Corner Clubhouse is a self-help rehabilitation services program which provides a variety of daily living activities and opportunities for vocational training and development. Our members receive supports and guidance to allow them to integrate into the community and promote independence.
Typical Duties of the Café Manager / Peer Specialist
- Oversees all aspects of the Café Department, including financial accounting, and serves as the primary role of this position.
- Provides clubhouse members with one-on-one culinary and vocational on-the-job instruction, training, and coaching.
- Partners with members in the grocery shopping, preparation and delivery of the daily lunch, weekly brunch, monthly luncheon and celebration events.
- Facilitates Clubhouse Food Handlers Certification class and oversight of the Food Handlers Program.
- Drives Clubhouse vehicle to San Diego Foodbank to pick up food and complete Food Distribution at the Clubhouse
- Acts as an ambassador to the program by welcoming, providing orientation, and engaging prospective clients to the program.
- May assist clients by facilitating groups, driving to appointments, benefits applications, and or other social service needs.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma/GED or some college preferred
- Experience as a person who has received mental health services or has a close family member that has received mental health services is required
- County of San Diego Food Managers Certification preferred; required after hire
- Previous experience working in mental health services is an advantage
- Peer Employment Training (PET) preferred; required after hire
- CPR/First Aid certification required and must be maintained during employment
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster shot before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: Peer Specialist