Back to Category List
Mental Health Clinician / Geriatric Specialist (5470) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Heartland (El Cajon)
Geriatric Specialist – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Pay Rate: $36.00 to $38.00 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development.
You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in El Cajon, CA, Heartland Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program that provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Geriatric Specialist
The Geriatric Specialist provides home visits and off-site screenings, assessments, short-term counseling, crisis intervention, case management, and outreach activities within a psychosocial rehabilitation treatment model to Older Adult consumers (ages 60 years and over).
- Assists clients in accessing and using medical care, community resources, family and other support systems to achieve an optimal level of health and functioning in the community.
- Provides linkage, and consultation to other service providers for the older adult population, including community outreach and education.
- Conducting initial assessments and linking clients to other community based services for ongoing care.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- Current and valid California license as a LCSW, LMFT, Licensed Psychologist, or RN; license must be kept current throughout employment
- Experience working with Older Adults who have serious and persistent mental illness
- Experience providing in-home services
- Experience working with a walk-in model based program.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing, proof of insurance, and personal vehicle are required to fulfill the essential functions of this position.
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: Geriatric Specialist