Back to Category List
Therapist / Triage Coordinator (5456) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Jane Westin (Downtown SD)
Triage Coordinator – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 20 hours per week. Monday - Friday, 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development.
You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in downtown San Diego, CA, the Jane Westin Center is an adult outpatient walk-in clinic which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, crisis intervention and linking clients with ongoing community-based services.
Typical Duties of Triage Coordinator
- Responsible for initial screening and triage for urgent walk-in clients.
- Determine service eligibility and assesses safety concerns, coordinates and liaisons with the psychiatric staff on an on-going basis as the need arises.
- Assist in internal tracking of walk-ins and referrals from other programs, providing crisis intervention as needed
- Assist the client in developing culturally appropriate client directed crisis plan
- Conduct initial behavioral health assessment; may determine diagnosis and/or a change in diagnosis as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Licensed as a Psychologist, LMFT, LPCC or LCSW required; license must be kept current during employment
- Minimum of two years of experience working with persistent and serious mental illness is preferred
- Understanding of psychosocial rehabilitation (PSR) and recovery principles, wrap-around models, and evidence-based practices
- Demonstration of ability to make assessments, design treatment plans, and document accordingly.
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor in crisis situations is essential
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: Triage Coordinator