Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor (5420) (On Call)
Program/Location: Del Sur (South Bay)
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
Announcing a new contract with higher pay for all counselor positions throughout our START programs in San Diego County!
Job Title: Mental Health Counselor (Bachelor's or Master’s)
Program/Location: Del Sur Crisis Center (South San Diego)
Hours: On call; must be available to work two 8-hour shifts per month. Shifts may include days (8:00 am to 4:00 pm), evenings (4:00 pm to Midnight), overnights (Midnight to 8:00 am) and weekend shifts.
Pay Rate: $26.44 (BA level) or $31.25 (MA level) plus shift differentials for overnights or weekends.
As a Mental Health Counselor, you will meet the bio-psychosocial needs of clients by providing indicated behavioral health services, case management services and/or crisis intervention, and documents services appropriately. This is an excellent opportunity to work with dually diagnosed adults.
- Acts as admission coordinator and/or team lead when designated. (Master's level)
- Conducts initial behavioral health assessments of new clients. (Master's level)
- Provides individual contacts, group, and milieu psychosocial behavior health services and activities for clients within scope of practice.
- Assists clients with discharge planning and conducts care coordination. Works closely with various providers in the region or system to facilitate access to services.
- Consults and coordinates with family and/or support system regarding client treatment and discharge planning.
- Conducts crisis intervention and risk assessment. First responder to intervene in crises when needed and indicated at the program in order to ensure the safety of clients and staff.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling is required
- 2 years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment; can be obtained prior to starting work
- A valid California driver's license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and highly organized
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Our Crisis Centers provide intensive, community-based residential services for adults throughout San Diego County, 24 hours/7 days a week. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are experiencing a significant psychiatric crisis that is not manageable on an outpatient basis. We provide services in a home-like environment that specializes in the bio-psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist