Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor, Bilingual (5253) (Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: StepForward North Central (Kearny Mesa)
Temporary Mental Health Counselor (Bilingual Spanish) – Mental Health Services for CalWORKs Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday. The duration of this temporary position is 6 months with benefits.
Pay Rate: $25.00 to $28.00 per hour
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours.
Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in San Diego, CA (Kearny Mesa area), Step Forward North Central provides a full range of behavioral health services for CalWORKs/Welfare-to-Work participants and their families. We work on reducing barriers toward employment, and we help parents and guardians to become self-sufficient and thrive. Services are provided for adults and their families in a caring and respectful atmosphere, encouraging independence, initiative, and recovery.
Step Forward provides excellent training in the Mental Health field with strong emphasis in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Seeking Safety, and Motivational Interviewing.
Typical Duties of the Mental Heath Counselor
- Conduct initial intake assessments for clients entering the Step Forward/CalWORKs treatment program and provide diagnosis, care coordination, and case management services
- In a welcoming atmosphere, conduct therapeutic interventions with clients and members of their family, through individual, group, and family modalities
- Re-evaluate and update client's diagnosis and treatment plan as needed
- Coordinate services with other support systems such as schools, social service programs, Welfare-to-Work, and treatment providers
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Conduct effective screenings and timely crisis intervention services with clients and their families on-site, or off-site.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Psychology
- Registration with the BBS required
- Bilingual Spanish is required for this position
- Previous experience conducting Behavioral Health Screenings/Psychosocial Assessments for adults experiencing mild-moderate mental health symptoms, including substance use disorders is preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
CRF Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist