Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor (5249) (On Call)
Program/Location: Jary Barreto (Logan Heights)
COMMUNITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION (CRF)
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
Job Title: Mental Health Counselor (Bachelor's or Master’s)
Program/Location: Jary Barreto Crisis Center (San Diego)
Hours: On Call; must be able to work at least 2 shifts per month. Work shifts may include days (8:00 am to 4:00 pm), evening (4:00 pm to Midnight), overnight (Midnight to 8:00 am), weekday or weekend shifts
Pay Rate: $19.25 (BA level) or $22.00 (MA level) plus shift differentials for overnights or weekends.
As a Mental Health Counselor, you will meet the bio-psychosocial needs of clients by providing indicated behavioral health services, case management services and/or crisis intervention, and documents services appropriately. This is an excellent opportunity to work with dually diagnosed adults.
- Acts as admission coordinator and/or team lead when designated. (Master's level)
- Conducts initial behavioral health assessments of new clients. (Master's level)
- Provides individual contacts, group, and milieu psychosocial behavior health services and activities for clients within scope of practice.
- Assists clients with discharge planning and conducts care coordination. Works closely with various providers in the region or system to facilitate access to services.
- Consults and coordinates with family and/or support system regarding client treatment and discharge planning.
- Conducts crisis intervention and risk assessment. First responder to intervene in crises when needed and indicated at the program in order to ensure the safety of clients and staff.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling is required
- 2 years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment; can be obtained prior to starting work
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and highly organized
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Our Crisis Centers provide intensive, community-based residential services for adults throughout San Diego County, 24 hours/7 days a week. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are experiencing a significant psychiatric crisis that is not manageable on an outpatient basis. We provide services in a home-like environment that specializes in the bio-psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist