Back to Category List
Housing Specialist (5244) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Central Office (Mission Bay Park)
Housing Specialist – Central Office Operations
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. This position supports the Downtown IMPACT program.
Pay Rate: $23.50 per hour
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
Located at our Central office in the Mission Bay/Linda Vista area, our Housing Department provides property management services and support to the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) programs. These programs provide intensive, community-based housing and case management services for homeless and at-risk homeless adult and older adults throughout San Diego County.
Typical Duties of the Housing Specialist
This position provides support to the Housing Department and will be responsible for supporting the Downtown IMPACT program's administration of the Sponsor-Based Subsidy (SBS) Section 8 Voucher program.
- Assist with gathering required SBS program documentation from clients and landlords.
- Work with landlords to complete Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) documentation, lease agreements, W-9 forms and coordinate with the accounting department for payment disbursement
- Assist in the marketing of housing program services, location of Section 8 apartments in the community for program use, and landlord problem-solving
- Report housing concerns and complaints received from clients, staff, and landlords to the Director of Housing
- Assist with back-up field assignments and other projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field with property management background
- Previous experience working with Section 8 tenants and properties strongly preferred
- Previous experience with Housing Assistance Payment program preferred
- Knowledge of landlord/tenant law, Section 2 rules desirable
- Ability to advocate for and assist with marketing of housing program services to the business community
- Strong customer service and phone etiquette; ability to develop rapport and interface with clients and family members is integral to this position
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at once; strong organization and time management skills are critical
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to pass background/criminal clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer