Back to Category List
Mental Health Specialist (5224) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Advance North - Vista
Mental Health Specialist - Developmental Services Program
Hours: 40 hours per week with occasional evenings, weekends and after-hours crisis rotation coverage required.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours.
Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
The Advance North program is a new and innovative crisis response team that support adults with I/DD and behavioral health challenges. These individuals will reside in their own place of residence, ILF, board and care, community-based supervised group homes operated by other agencies or may be homeless needing assistance with finding housing. The CRF crisis response team will provide mobile services to help the individuals succeed in their homes and in the community/
Typical Duties of the Mental Health Specialist
- Complete mental health assessments; assess/monitor clients strengths and skills
- Implement treatment plan to increase clients functional community and living skills
- Provide coordination of care between client providers and support systems
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions
- Provide crisis counseling and stabilization
- Create discharge plans and provide linkage to other support services within the community
- Work within an interdisciplinary team
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Excellent opportunity to work with dually-diagnosed adults
- Occasionally accompany clients to various appointments (doctors, housing)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling
- License-eligible or registered in CA as an AMFT, ASW, or APCC - preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Experience working with clients that have a development disability/intellectual disability
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Code: PSR Specialist