Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor (5222) (Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: South Bay Guidance Ctr (Chula Vista)
Mental Health Counselor (Temporary) – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday. The duration of this temporary position is 4 to 6 months with benefits.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours.
Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in Chula Vista, CA (just 15 minutes south of Balboa Park), South Bay Guidance Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties for the Mental Health Counselor
- Works with a multi-disciplinary team who provide outreach, engagement, case management, crisis intervention, and mental health services to clients in an outpatient clinic setting
- Conducts evaluations, screenings, assessments, crisis interventions, and case management
- Participates in the clinical delivery of the team's psychosocial rehabilitation services, including developing individual service plans and coordinating community resources to maximize optimal health outcomes
- Leads daily organizational treatment team meetings
- Ensures compliance with all County and CRF regulations
- Master's degree in a mental health related field such as Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling required
- Registered or licensed-eligible with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS)
- Strong clinical skills and two years of experience working with serious and persistent mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders
- Experience with Cerner preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment, and have a can-do attitude
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist