Back to Category List
Therapist / Triage Coordinator (5142) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Jane Westin (Downtown SD)
Triage Coordinator – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 20 hours per week. Monday - Friday, 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in downtown San Diego, CA, the Jane Westin Center is an adult outpatient walk-in clinic which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, crisis intervention and linking clients with ongoing community-based services.
Typical Duties of Triage Coordinator
- Responsible for initial screening and triage for urgent walk-in clients.
- Determine service eligibility and assesses safety concerns, coordinates and liaisons with the psychiatric staff on an on-going basis as the need arises.
- Assist in internal tracking of walk-ins and referrals from other programs, providing crisis intervention as needed
- Assist the client in developing culturally appropriate client directed crisis plan
- Conduct initial behavioral health assessment; may determine diagnosis and/or a change in diagnosis as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Licensed as a Psychologist, LMFT, LPCC or LCSW required; license must be kept current during employment
- Minimum of two years of experience working with persistent and serious mental illness is preferred
- Understanding of psychosocial rehabilitation (PSR) and recovery principles, wrap-around models, and evidence-based practices
- Demonstration of ability to make assessments, design treatment plans, and document accordingly.
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor in crisis situations is essential
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: Triage Coordinator