Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor (5102) (Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Turning Point (Oceanside)
COMMUNITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION (CRF)
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Our Crisis Centers provide intensive, community-based residential services for adults throughout San Diego County, 24 hours/7 days a week. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are experiencing a significant psychiatric crisis that is not manageable in an outpatient basis. We provide services in a home-like environment that specializes in the bio-psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
Job Title: Mental Health Counselor (Bachelor's or Master’s level)
Program/Location: Turning Point Crisis Center (Oceanside)
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, Midnight to 8:00 am (overnight shift)
Pay Rate: $19.25 (BA) or 22.00 (MA) per hour plus shift differential for overnights
Duration: The duration of this temporary position is approximately 3 months with benefits.
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
As a Mental Health Counselor, you will meet the bio-psychosocial needs of clients by providing indicated behavioral health services, case management services and/or crisis intervention, and documents services appropriately. This is an excellent opportunity to work with dually diagnosed adults.
- Acts as admission coordinator and/or team lead when designated. (Master's level)
- Conducts initial behavioral health assessments of new clients. (Master's level)
- Provides individual contacts, group, and milieu psychosocial behavior health services and activities for clients within scope of practice.
- Assists clients with discharge planning and conducts care coordination. Works closely with various providers in the region or system to facilitate access to services.
- Consults and coordinates with family and/or support system regarding client treatment and discharge planning.
- Conducts crisis intervention and risk assessment. Is a first responder to intervene in crises when needed and indicated at the program in order to ensure the safety of clients and staff.
Essential Qualifications (updated 11/30/21)
- Master or Bachelor degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling is required
- 2 years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment; can be obtained prior to starting work
- Previous experience with County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
- Intermediate level in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and highly organized
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For regular full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
CRF Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist