Back to Category List
Peer Specialist (5132) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Casa Pacifica (Oceanside)
Peer Specialist – Mental Health Services for Transitional Residential Program
Hours: 24 hours per week; work schedule to be determined
Pay Rate: $15.50 per hour (updated 1/7/22)
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
Located in Oceanside, CA, Casa Pacifica is a transitional residential program that assists people with chronic mental illness and dual diagnosis to move towards recovery and independent living. It is a Full Service Partnership and offers clients mental health services including psychiatric care, assistance with medication management, individual and group therapy, vocational assistance, case management, and peer support.
The residential component of the program is 6 to 9 months long and graduates can participate in an alumni program that will assist in their transition to a more independent lifestyle.
Typical Duties of the Peer Specialist
- Acts as an ambassador to the program by welcoming, providing orientation, and engage prospective clients to the program
- Utilizes experiences as a recipient of mental health services to enhance recovery efforts of clients within the program
- Promotes and models the concept of recovery to program participants
- Serves as a member of the multidisciplinary team and shares practical insight related to illness management, life skills, and the lifelong recovery process
- Acts as an advocate for the client when appropriate
- May assist clients by driving to appointments, benefits applications, assessing social service needs
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma/GED required; some college strongly preferred
- At least one year of work experience
- Experience as a person who has received mental health services or has a close family member that has received mental health services is required
- Peer Employment Training preferred, required after hire
- Previous experience working in mental health services is an advantage
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer