Back to Category List
Crisis Hotline Agent (5080) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: After Hours Access Line (Oceanside)
Crisis Hotline Agent / APS - After Hours Access Line Agent (AHAL) Program – Mental Health Services for Transitional Residential Treatment Program
Hours: 16 hours per week; Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. (Updated 11/23/21)
Pay Rate: $20.00 plus $2.00 shift differential for weekends.
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients.
You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in Oceanside, CA, the Adult Protective Services (APS) is based at our Casa Pacifica program. APS services include investigation of elder and dependent adult abuse, neglect, abandonment, and threats to the client’s mental, physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Casa Pacifica is a transitional residential program that assists people with chronic mental illness and dual diagnosis to move towards recovery and independent living. It is a Full Service Partnership and offers clients mental health services including psychiatric care, assistance with medication management, individual and group therapy, vocational assistance, case management, and peer support.
The residential component of the program is 6 to 9 months long and graduates can participate in an alumni program that will assist in their transition to a more independent lifestyle.
Typical Duties of the APS AHAL Agent
- The shift typically covers after-hours calls to APS, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Takes calls to the access line and screens, assesses, and takes APS report via hotline
- In the even of an emergency, will assist in securing the safety and wellbeing of anyone inside the building
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or other related field is required
- At least 1 year of professional experience in mental health or crisis intervention; 2 years of experience is ideal
- CPR/First Aid certification is required and must be kept current during employment
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor in crisis situations is essential
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
CRF Internal Job Title: APS AHAL Agent