Back to Category List
Payroll Coordinator (5038) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Central Office (Mission Bay Park)
Payroll Coordinator – Come grow with us!
FANTASTIC opportunity if you are a Payroll Coordinator who values excellence, collaboration, providing specialized support, and finding balance by appreciating laughter and wellness in the workplace! We offer competitive pay and terrific benefits in a fun, energetic and professional environment…our Payroll Department is second to none!
Come to be a part of our vibrant large non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of people we serve!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) is an $80 million, non-profit organization that continues to grow as a leader in providing mental health care in San Diego County. Located in the Mission Bay Park area, our payroll department provides support to 33 programs across San Diego County, and processes payroll for 1,000 employees.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, but may require additional hours. This is a non-exempt position.
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
Typical Duties of the Payroll Coordinator
We are seeking a Payroll Coordinator to accurately and timely process in-house payroll. This position will work closely with our Payroll Manager and will be responsible for:
- Performing all necessary activities to process semi-monthly payroll for 1000+ employees
- Reviewing and auditing new hires for accuracy in Sage HRMS
- Calculating final paychecks for terminations in accordance with Federal and State guidelines
- Maintaining payroll and electronic timekeeping system for payroll-related employee changes including electronic timesheet components, direct deposit, tax withholdings, and garnishments
- Preparing semi-weekly payroll tax and payments
- Conducting appropriate audits and reconciliations to ensure data integrity
- Preparing and maintaining standard and ad hoc reports
- Researching and resolving payroll and timesheet related issues and providing friendly responses to employees with regard to pay information, hours, direct deposit, tax deductions and time off plans
- Providing excellent customer service to employees with regards to company payroll policies and employment guidelines
- Maintaining compliance with all CRF policies and internal controls for safekeeping of payroll records
- Documenting and updating payroll/timesheet related procedures
- Completing required trainings by established deadline
- Promoting professionalism, collaboration, and excellent customer service amongst staff
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s in business, accounting or relevant field preferred
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) a plus
- At least 5 years of experience in a medium to large complex organization setting processing payroll
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of payroll operations and processes, preferably with an in-house electronic timekeeping and payroll system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Federal and State wage and hour laws, payroll taxes and related accounting
- Proven success in working with a team to meet rigorous deadlines, following established processes, and ability to evaluate processes for inefficiencies
- Effective communicator with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as collaborate with team
- Demonstrated ability to learn at an accelerated speed
- Ability to multi-task with an emphasis on attention to detail and quality
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems, preferably experience with Sage HRMS products and Crystal reporting
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and execute tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS
WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
Your well-being matters at CRF! Full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off, increasing over time
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer