Back to Category List
Therapist / Assessment Specialist (5008) (Temporary, Part-time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Jane Westin (Downtown SD)
Assessment Specialist (Temporary) – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 20 hours per week; may work flexible schedule between 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, Monday - Friday. The duration of this temporary position is 3 months with the possibility of extending.
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in downtown San Diego, CA, the Jane Westin Center is an adult outpatient walk-in clinic which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, crisis intervention and linking clients with ongoing community-based services.
Typical Duties of the Assessment Specialist
- Provides screening, clinical assessments, case management and outreach for outpatient program clients diagnosed with severe mental illness and may be dually diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder
- Conducts collateral interviews, develops individual service plans and participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Provides crisis intervention as appropriate
- Coordinates with the multidisciplinary team regarding discharge planning in progress
- Collaborates with nursing staff to arrange continuing care medication maintenance
- Assists clients with obtaining treatment benefits and other community-based supports to facilitate recovery and improvement
- Licensed or license-eligible with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences; license must be kept current during employment
- At least 2 years of experience with working with individuals who have a severe and persistent mental illness, as well as co-occurring disorders required
- Those with experience in a walk-in outpatient-based mental health program encouraged to apply
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer