Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor (5005) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Senior IMPACT (Downtown SD)
Mental Health Counselor (Master's Level) – Mental Health Services for Assertive Community Treatment Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm with rotating on-call crisis phone coverage.
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in downtown San Diego, the Senior Intensive Mobile Psychosocial Assertive Community Treatment (Senior IMPACT) program provides intensive, community-based case management services for homeless adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver fully-integrated services to clients diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as individuals with co-occurring, mental health, and substance disorders.
Our program utilizes the evidence-based practice of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) to support our clients in the higher level of community care and to assist them in reaching their goals and living a life that is not dominated by mental illness. Our team is a model of care, providing treatment, rehabilitation, and case management supports.
Typical Duties of the Mental Health Counselor
- Conduct initial psychological assessments for clients, utilizing a psychosocial rehabilitation focus and dynamic team-based approach
- Conduct individual and group counseling/psychotherapy sessions
- Develop and update individual treatment service plans for clients
- Create discharge plans and provide linkage to other support services within the community
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling
- Registered or licensed with the California BBS strongly preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist